Thank you for using surespot. Surespot is a downloadable software application for mobile devices which allows its users to send and receive messages and files including photo, voice and video.
This document governs how surespot ("we", "us", "our" etc.) handles our users ("you", "your" etc.) data in the surespot app itself (surespot messenger), on our servers ("surespot service", "Service") and on our website ("surespot site").
We work hard to protect your privacy and security to the extent possible. We have employed proven encryption technology for the Service. Your communications are fully end to end encrypted and we do not hold the keys, therefore, from a technological standpoint we have no ability to view any of your data stored on our servers. However, if you use the Service for illegal activities (or if you are suspected of participating in illegal activities) there is a chance that law enforcement officials may come to us with a subpoena, and we will meet our obligations as required by applicable laws to disclose any encrypted information of yours that we may have in our possession.
We do not sell your information or use it for marketing purposes. We do not sell any information about the use of our Service. Surespot is here to provide you with encrypted communications not to monetize your information. We never collect any location information or have access to the contents of the communications you send using the Service.
What we must collect-
- Your surespot username. This is how you allow others to contact you via surespot. It does not have to be your real name or provide any reference to your identity.
- Your surespot password. We require you to have a password to use the Service. For your own security, we recommend that you use a long, unique password consisting of a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols.
Optional User-Provided Information-
- Push Notifications are optional and settable in the settings screen and are functions of devices operating system.
- Share surespot is a user selectable feature that will access your device's contacts in order to invite them to use the Service. We never send your device's contact information to our servers or store your device's contacts in any way. All invitations (whether via text message, email, or otherwise) are generated locally on your device, without sharing any information with us.
- Auto-Login is optional and convenient. However, we do suggest that users who choose not to enter their password after a set period of inactivity enable other security measures on their device like screen locks and PINs through your device settings.
- Crash Logs can be voluntarily sent to surespot by the user for the purpose of debugging and error correction. The logs contain general device information and they pertain only to surespot.
We do not know or collect any information about our users that would identify them, their ages, or any personal contact information. We contact users via push notifications and popup messages to advise them of software updates, general administration or technological notices.
In order to comply with the COPPA, surespot does not allow users age 13 and under to use the Service without an adults' permission.
Anonymous aggregate statistics will be kept and used by us for various purposes including analysis and reporting of usage patterns. Surespot reserves the right to use and disclose anonymous aggregate statistics for any purpose and to any third party in its sole discretion and without notice.
You can deactivate/delete your surespot identity at any time. Once deleted, all messages sent by you will be permanently deleted from the server. Deleted messages and identities cannot be recovered. For your security we do not provide a password recovery service. We also trust that you will maintain control over the encryption keys surespot generates for you.
If you have questions regarding privacy while using our Service or have questions about our privacy practices please contact us by email at marketing at 2fours dot com